Sunday 14 July 2013

Medieval army on Parade

Two years ago on the 14th of July I posted my medieval collection  as part of BIG ARMY DAY held at the Gloranthan Blog. Since then (this lot) the collection has grown slightly.
So, in celebration of  Bastille day I´m having a Parade :-D

Not all my medieval bods,  The El Cid Spanish/ Moors,  the Scottish/English Bannockburn armies are either not based or finished yet, a lot of other Odds n´sods haven´t been based and the civilians weren´t added to the "Parade" pics due to lack of space.
I also didn´t include  the Dioramas,  tents, houses,  Castles etc.
How many are there? I´ve no idea having never counted them :-D
 

Getting Close ups of the collected forces with the camera I own proved near impossible (and even now some of the pics aren´t that brilliant)  so I took pics of "themed" Batches and added the civilians as well.

 
Field Artillery / Siege Park
 
Hussites / Revolting Peasants / Guildsmen
 
Burgundians

The "Brotherhood"
 
Baggage Train

Blue Group (Loosely based on  a 100yrw French army)
 
Red Group (Also loosely based on an English 100yrw army)








Normans

Civilians

If anyone is into having a Big army day next year then add your "Yay" to the comments and next year I´ll give you a reminder about it next year at the end of June.



21 comments:

  1. Modeler's Medals of a man who loves plastic, glue, paint, and history! I salute you, Mr. Bods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull army! Nice to see them all together!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and impressive work , great .
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That a very impressive sight Paul !!!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of plastic! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seals it...you are a painting machine! After you put away all of your minis, is there any space left for you to sit down to read? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a massive army, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Sir is a lot of Bods, thanks for sharing

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. You amaze me every time , great work as always Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness me, now there is sight to behold! An absolutely stunning collection Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!a gigantic work and photos to great effect, great Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope, one day, I'll have such a beautiful army...very very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very impressive collection. I admire your diligence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic collection, especially the siege equipment.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic armies. I hope I have one of this one year

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drooling all over my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bow my head to the master... great work...

    ReplyDelete
  18. yay.... is this for doing my own massive army thing or for you to do another one? May as well show off my Oronegrean stuff.

    Great stuff Paul, that is one massive collection of tiny medieval people and their stuff, minus their homes, poor buggers must be cold!

    ReplyDelete