Sunday 2 January 2011

Teutonic Knights (Italeri)

These I painted up as part of a group build at Bennos (see here). The idea was to either paint the whole set or just the nine poses. Alterations / conversions were allowed as long as it was within the set ie; no extra bits, nags, bods etc from other sets. I changed all the spears for ones made out of Florist wire and the raised patterns on shields and nags were removed and replaced by printed emblems.
I decided to have them in a desert setting as I have another 30 plus Crusaders etc based as if in the desert and I wanted to add these too them. Anyway...I don´t stick to history when I dont feel like it :-)









10 comments:

  1. Lol! They are stunning! Especially love conversions! This red as an addition for white looks great.

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you finished them? Nice work, like the bases. Pics are a bit out of focus, maybe you can adjust that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look even better as a group like this, very real and full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice Paul,
    Always like the look of Teutonic nights.
    Awe ra best for 2011
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Teutonic Knights. I remember watching a Soviet Era movie about the Teutonic Knights. It had fantastic cinematography. I discovered that Alfred Hitchcock nicked all his camera shot ideas from the Soviet director!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, I am not a big fan of this period, but this set always catches my eye. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific work Paul!
    Love the white effect! How did you do it?
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks :-)
    How did I do the white...bsed black and then ever lighter shades of grey...finally just white;
    You can read more here;
    http://www.bennosfigures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6414
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very dramatic looking figures, nice work.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete