Tuesday 25 January 2011

Curved Air (Stampe SV4C from heller)

I got it into my head to make the plane on this this album  At first I thought it was a Gypsy Moth on the cover,  but after asking about on a couple of forums,  I was told it was a Stampe SV4C. Then I asked where I could get one and one really nice guy said he had one but it was a bit broken and I could have it for free if I wanted. I would like to say yet again what a generous act that was and I am endebted to him for helping me to realise my project.
 And this is what she looked like when I received her :-D Fuselage snapped, both wings broken in two, a lovely restoration!!!
Welcome Steve from  Paintsplats. A great painter and sculptor of some very original subjects

9 comments:

  1. Nice one Paul, another passion of mine Aircraft! so little time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try 1/72nd Bi.planes Steve. I started in the middle of last year and the bug got me really quickly. The rigging!! Everyplane has it´s own problems as how to solve it well. :-D I Love it
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, all the more impressive for the reconstruction. The markings are very striking. It's all very romantic, goggles and flying scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your planes, wish I could get into modelling those things. Lots of character but I still prefer the banana plane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :-D I like the banana plane as well...yellow is such a great colour..a pig to paint but when it´s done it looks so happy.
    I am actually thinking of making a plane in polkadot and another with a paisley or "flowerpower" pattern..:-D
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eye catching work, very striking! And well done on repairing the kit.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Planes are not my taste ! but you did a great job restoring this one Paul !!

    Regards !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely model - I wish I could cope with building biplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have thought it was a moth as well. Nice build and paint. All round great work.

    ReplyDelete