Saturday 20 November 2010

Airfix wagon train (Pt II)

The bods part of the set.
The "guys". The very tiny one wearing the brown derby is supposed (I assume) to be a boy. One of them, (rear row) looks like he is feeding chickens ?????
The "gals". Again, the one which is supposed to be a girl looks a bit older than her size depicts.
Mrs Grump...oooh! The way she´s been photographed makes her look a bit like a well known 20th cenury dictator....and no, it´s not Charlie Chaplin :-)
The set, although old has few nice little details like Mr Potatoe eating his beans and holding a 3 pronged fork.
Strutting Joe carrying a....well it must be a sheep. What it´s physical condition is I don´t know, though I assume it´s not breathing.

Dio using them HERE  and the wagon HERE

8 comments:

  1. Nice! I always love seeing good civilian models. Have you noticed the Imex Pioneer set? I got a box, because they look like the characters from Little House on the Prairie (the book, not the TV show). I'm hoping they release a 1/32 version, so I can paint them for my daughter to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures mate.they have to be one the worst airfix molds and you have done a blinder.
    Those IMEX pioneers are a great set and recomend you get you hands on them if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :-)
    The Imex bods..Mu haha mu haha! I got them last week...what for, I don´t know. They look good though...seem to be made of some kind of resin like plastic..very hard ? As far as I´m concerned they could have not put some many cows etc in and doubled up the single bods and bodettes.
    I might get the wagon next week...at ..HERNE!!!
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great effort. Pigs ear to a silk purse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :-)
    I just realised...the way I set them up for the photo makes it look like the one behind Mr potatoe is about to slap him around the back of his head !! :-)
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Strutting Joe carrying a....well it must be a sheep."
    A sheep? It look like he's just shot his dog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope he hasn´t shot his dog...Strutting joe and his dog, Old Blue, have been best friends since...well for a long long time. Mind you, I can´t see Old Blue anywhere in the pics!!!!

    I wonder what dog tastes like?? :-)

    ReplyDelete